Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Too Good NOT to Share - Chocolate Microwave Pudding for One

:) Found a fantastic new recipe that I just had to share with all my Happy Slob pals. Craving a chocolatey treat? But, don't need to make a huge batch (which you'll just keep noshing on for days and days?) This chocolate micro pudding for one is perfect - totally rich and chocolatey, and simple enough to keep the ingredients on hand all the time, for when you need a boost of chocolate joy in your life!

Enough raving (and it really IS that good) - here's the easy recipe. I made mine in an 8-oz ramekin (custard cup). I liked it better once it had sat in the fridge and got thicker and even yummier, but warm was nice too.

CHRISTINA'S FAVORITE CHOCOLATE PUDDING FOR ONE
(Or two...just double it up in a larger bowl...I'm sure it will work fine. :)

1 1/2 tsp. corn starch
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk
1 oz. (1/4 cup) chocolate
Chocolate chips

Combine corn starch, salt and milk together in an 8 oz. custard cup. Add
chocolate chips. Cook 1:00 minute at 100% power until hot, but not
boiling. Stir until the melted chocolate chips are completely blended
with the milk mixture. Cook 45 seconds at 100% power more until just
beginning to boil.

Christina's Notes:
  • I would suggest using a bit more cornstarch, since my pudding didn't firm up quite as much as I would've liked it to. I'm going to try 2 teaspoons next time.
  • Instead of cooking the second time for 45 seconds straight, I had MUCH better results by stirring after 15 seconds and then repeating until the pudding took on a thickened consistency. The first try was a little disaster, but still a yummy one! The pudding boiled over in the microwave - ALL over the microwave. hehe Good thing I know our favorite microwave cleaning trick, huh?
  • And finally - adding a dollop (which happens to be one of my favorite words ever...just TRY to say dollop and not feel a bit happier!) of freshly whipped cream would take this from chocolate joy to chocolate ecstasy, I say!

Enjoy-- and yes, this has nothing to do with house cleaning whatsoever, but it IS a nice treat once you've tackled a decluttering project or two. ;)

No comments: