Borax is amazingly versatile for cleaning, crafts and many other uses around the home. Here are a collection of tips, gathered from the website of 20 Mule Team Borax. Enjoy!
- Laundry stain remover - Add 1/2 cup to your regular load of laundry (along with the regular amount of detergent) to add a boost of stain removing power.
- Natural water softener for laundry - Adding 1/2 cup of Borax also naturally softens laundry water, meaning that your clothes will get cleaner with less effort! (I love that.)
- Soaking and washing delicate laundry - Dissolve 1/4 cup of Borax powder with 2 tablespoons of laundry detergent in a basin of warm water. Soak delicate laundry for 20 minutes, rinse with cool water and then blot dry with a towel. Let the delicates air dry.
- Clean the Bathroom - Use regular Borax powder as a substitute for other types of commercial cleansing powders. Great for tub and tile!
- Clean the toilet - sprinkle in 1/4 cup of Borax powder in the toilet and use the toilet brush to scrub that throne clean! It'll sparkle. For extra cleaning (or to remove stubborn stains) let the Borax soak in the toilet overnight and then clean the next morning.
- In the kitchen - Clean countertops with a sprinkle of Borax and a wet sponge or cloth. Also naturally freshens and deodorizes.
- In the dishwasher - Add 1/4 cup of Borax powder to the bottom of the dishwasher to get glasses cleaner, and remove spots. It'll also help to clean out the interior of the dishwasher itself.