Q-tips are handy little cleaners for around the house. Here are 5 ways to use Q-tips to clean things OTHER than your ears:
- Clean jewelry - those little grooves and edges can be a nightmare to clean! Use some jewelry cleaning solution and a Q-tip swab to clean out even the tightest areas of your favorite jewellery.
- Clean around the edges of sinks - Ewwww...looked at that edging around your sinks lately? It's gunkville! A soft Q-tip dislodges the dirt, and then a clean cloth will just wipe it all away.
- Clean between keyboard keys - Another disgusting area for dirt, grime and certainly germs to gather. Use a Q-tip to get to hard to reach areas of your keyboard. The tapered end type of cotton swabs would be especially useful to get into those really tricky spots.
- Use Q-tips to polish silver. No, not Grandma's old and overly large platter! Those little areas on tiny trinkets that are otherwise hard to reach will do very well with a bit of polish smeared on a Q-tip. And yes, I think this might be the first time ever on this blog that I've ever mentioned polishing silver. (I'm not a polishing silver type, you might say. Oh, or an owning silver type either.)
- Use Q-tips to clean up oopsies with nail polish. This is more a cleaning up YOU tip than a cleaning your home tip. When applying nail polish, it's so frustrating when you get that gorgeous bright red smeared messily beyond your nail. A cotton swab dipped in nail polish remover is a quick and easy solution for this messy situation.
Have another Q-tip cleaning tip to share? Comment!