Friday, October 12, 2007

Fun Cleaning Tip for Burnt-on Popcorn (using Coca-Cola!)

Here's a quirky and effective cleaning tip if you or the kids get popcorn burnt onto the bottom of a pot. Thanks to Barb D. for sending this one in!

Hello. I came across your web site while I was looking for a way to kill the grass and weeds that are growing between the cement bricks in my sidewalk... I found some intresting things and thought I would pass one to you. If you have kids who like popcorn and are like mine who seem to forget to take it off the burner before it burns to the bottom of the pot and then dont scrub it clean I found this one to work. Pour some of that bottom of the bottle Coca Cola into the pot, enough to cover the burnt part and put it on the stove. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for a few minutes. There is something in the Coca Cola that will lift off the burnt material, it makes it a lot easier to scrub clean with little effort. If the food is burnt on it could take two tries.

No comments: