Monday, March 05, 2012

Admittedly Gross...Removing Sweat Odors from Clothing

Okay, so maybe this isn't a delicate topic that we all yearn to discuss: how to remove sweaty odors from clothing. But, take it from me - someone who is trying with all earnestness to use natural deodorants. Sometimes those crystal deodorants and natural deodorants just don't do quite the trick that the chemical-laden antiperspirants do.

With what result?

Sigh...sweaty odors permeating my clothing!!! It's disgusting, and I can hardly believe I'm blogging openly about sweat smells in clothing. But, I digress. We all sweat, but most of don't like talking about. At least now I'm learning firsthand how to remove those stinky, sweaty smells from clothes.

Baking soda is a huge help once again. My, oh my...what would we DO without that big box of baking soda? This time it's a soak in the stuff that will help. Uhhh...your clothing that is, although soaking in baking soda couldn't possibly hurt the sweaty situation to begin with! Okay, back to business: Add at least a cup of plain baking soda to your usual wash load. If you have the ability to let it soak first that helps - the soaking seems to allow the baking soda to permeate the fabric and really dig out the stink. (Ha! That's a sentence I never thought I'd write.)

Otherwise, just do your regular laundry load with the regular amount of detergent - I choose liquid laundry detergents because I don't have to worry about white clumps and bumps of detergent ending up on my clothing - and then add at least a cup of baking soda. If you find that one cup didn't do quite the odor removing you'd hoped for, next time double up and try two cups of baking soda.

Let me know how it works, slobbo buddies! And hey...let's not be embarrassed about our au naturel sweating, shall we? Okay...we're still embarrassed. But there for a moment, we seemed all cool and oh so European.

Post a comment on all things perspiration related...go on, you know you want to.

No comments: