Monday, February 12, 2007

Cleaning Questions from Readers - How to Clean Dried Flowers and Floral Arrangements

Here's an email I recently received from a Happy Slob Housecleaner named Mary:

Hi Christina, I have been searching for a way to clean my wreaths. They are made of dried flowers. They lose flowers very easily, but they are oh-so dusty. Please HELP. Mary


Hey Mary,

:) Relax! I promise it's not nearly as hard to clean those things as you might imagine it to be. In fact, it just takes a little air - compressed air, that is.

A little can of compressed air is a handy tool to have around the house for all sorts of delicate cleaning jobs. For example - they're mainly used to clean computer and keyboard components, but are also the perfect cleaning implement for use on - you got it! - your gorgeous little floral wreath. I have one of those that is in dire need of cleaning, too, so I'm going to take my own advice! (Haha...as always, I tell you that I don't call myself the Original Happy Slob for nothing! ;)

Anyway...all you need to do is to purchase a can of compressed air. The most likely place to find this is at a computer store, or in the computer/electronics section of any major department store. Use this and a soft toothbrush or little feather duster to get rid of all the dust. The compressed air will gently swoosh that dirt and dust away, and you can use the soft toothbrush or mini feather duster (which I've successfully found at dollar stores for - you guessed it - 1 dollar) to remove the lingering bits.

:) Hope this helps you out Mary!
Hugs,
Christina

No comments: