- Choose the 1 problem area that is ANNOYING and AGGRAVATING you the most
- Set the timer - hopefully for 10 minutes or more.
- Go CRAZY on the clutter. Be a bit relentless - set aside things that you 1) Need 2)Don't Need or 3)Will Give Away
- For the allotted time, work like a madwoman on the clutter. Once the timer rings, you can stop, but you might find that you want to quickly finish the job.
- Throw away or recycle the things in the Don't Need pile
- Get rid of the 'Give Away' things as soon as humanly possible
- The things you 'need' (make sure you really do need them and will use them) will get put back in a tidier way.
After this decluttering session, you might notice why your place gets so cluttered in the first place - a lack of space, or maybe a lack of organization. So, once you've decluttered an area, you might need to go out and purchase something to help you keep that space less cluttered from here on out. Examples: Storage units, shelving, or storage boxes.
:) How did you guys do? If you successfully did this decluttering session, then DON'T be shy! Post a comment below and let all happy slobs everywhere know how you did...Bravo, everyone!