Thursday, January 01, 2009

What I'll Remember Most About 2008...

When I think of 2008 I’m sure the memory that will pop into my head the most frequently is that it was the year that I signed my first book contract. And I’ll always remember that amazing evening when I got an email from an editor that said she was ‘very impressed’ with the content of my ebook, which she had recently purchased…and then she asked me if I was still shopping the book around to agents and editors. I sat looking at the monitor with a sense of shock, and then (if I’m to be completely honest) I realized that tears were streaming down my face. And then I kept telling the monitor, "They want my little book, they want my little book!" As you might have expected, my monitor didn't reply.

You see, my website and this blog came about because I've always wanted to get my ebook published as a real book. You know, the kind you can curl up with – even if the topic is house cleaning. Since, curling up with even a laptop just isn't the same...I wanted it to be the sort of book that people would connect with, care about, and use to make their house cleaning easier, and a lot less stressful. So, this editor’s email (now she’s MY editor!) was the end result of a lot of dreaming, a lot of hoping…and some stubbornness, I suppose.

The book will be available in bookstores in October, 2009 (Yay, I can finally say THIS YEAR) and is being published by F+W Publications. I haven’t talked a whole lot about this, because I like to focus on what is more important, and that’s the ideas in the book that can help people to create more comfortable and more livable living spaces. Nothing perfect, nothing unattainable.

But…all of this journey was and continues to be a dream come true. I have about one month until my final deadline, and much of the work on the book (and a couple of other writing projects) has kept me sufficiently busy so that I haven’t been blogging as much. But today I just wanted to share with you loyal readers what’s going on in my book world. Thanks for continuing to support me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

HappySlob said...

Thanks Elsie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !

Your hard work is getting noticed - finally.

You always have such good ideas and are so generous to give credit where it is due.

Take care,
Organically Yours,
Diana

HappySlob said...

Thank you Diana, I appreciate that!