Monday, March 19, 2007

A Brand New Way to Use Baking Soda - Great for Contacts Wearers

I love getting all your groovy cleaning tips and hints, especially when it uses our favorite natural cleaning agents: baking soda or vinegar.

Today's tip comes from a Happy Slob Housecleaner (who didn't include her name, so we'll make her out to be all mysterious and call her Mystery Slobbo)...

I use baking soda to deep clean my contact lenses. I place the lens in my palm, sprinkle a little baking soda on it and squirt some sterile saline solution for contacts on there. This will make a paste. I gently rub the lens with a finger, swirling it around a bit, making sure both sides get a good coating of the paste, then rinse clean with saline solution and it is ready to wear.

Before trying this tip, please check with your optometrist to ensure that this is, in fact, a safe way to clean your contacts. :) I wouldn't want you to go around stumbling over things, because you hadn't checked first! (You know, from having wonky lenses...)

Send any and all of your cleaning tips, hints, jokes, or anecdotes to: christina@happyslob.com. I'll gladly use them in upcoming newsletters or right here on the blog.

No comments: