Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What exactly ARE cleaning bursts?

wWhat ARE Cleaning Bursts?

Cherie wrote me this great email:

Hello.
I got your e-book today. I like it! I'm excited about using the more natural cleaners. As a matter of fact, I already made one! I made the vinegar and water and put it into a spray bottle. I sprayed it on top of my stove and on my kitchen faucet. Wow! It works!

I just want a better understanding of something, please. Could you tell me more about the cleaning bursts? I am not sure that I understand. I understand about picking up clutter and even putting some in bags. But what else does the cleaning consist of? Thank you!

Thank you for the wonderful book!!




Thanks for the email Cherie!

Cleaning bursts are an ongoing quick burst of cleaning to keep your home tidier on a more regular basis. While I recommend 2 cleaning bursts a day (one in the morning, and one in the evening), some people have smaller homes that really only need 1 cleaning burst a day. (I, for instance, live in a 2 bedroom apartment - so 1 a day often is perfect for me.)

So...what exactly does a cleaning burst entail? I recommend, first of all, that you do cleaning bursts on the most used areas in your home. For instance, in mine it is: the kitchen, bathroom, living room - these are the most used and seen areas. So, I clean these areas first, knowing that having these areas tidy will be the best bang for the buck, so to speak.

Everyone's cleaning burst will be a little different, as we all live in different ways. Your goal is to tidy and clean -- but don't do cleaning bursts in your focus room for the day. For instance, if your bathroom is your daily focus room, then you don't need to ALSO clean it during your cleaning burst(s). Remember that cleaning bursts are the major way anyone following the Happy Slob's Guide to Housecleaning gets their cleaning done. So, it should also include wiping up surfaces, a bit of dusting, tidying up, etc.

And remember - the pace during cleaning bursts is fast -- you want to get the most accomplished in the minimum amount of time.

Hope this helps! :)
Take care,
Christina

No comments: