Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Using Vinegar and Baking Soda to Neutralize Pet Smells

Do you guys ever notice how many posts I make about pet oopsies? Well, let me explain why - I have two cats who tend to have a lot of poopsie oopsies and even hairball oopsies. Oh, and once in a while we face a 'bad aim' urine oopsie. Get my drift?

I've found one of the best ways to neutralize these areas after my kitties have done an oopsie is:

  • Well, first clean up the mess. That's obvious, right? I like using some natural dishwashing liquid on the stain, dampened with our Very Vinegar spray, and then scrubbed.
  • Sprinkle baking soda over the entire area.
  • Spray some Vinegar on the area, on top of the baking soda.
  • Wipe up the entire area. You might need to do the vinegar step a couple of times to get all of the baking soda gritty feeling up off the floor.

I find that the combination of the baking soda and vinegar really works well to neutralize the smell in that area, so that my cats don't go back and continually make new messes in that place. :) Works like a charm.

Hey -- if you guys have any cleaning tips that have worked for you, or any comments at all, either post it here on the blog OR feel free to email me anytime: christina@happyslob.com . Thanks!

No comments: