- Deodorize a wool sweater: Wash sweater, then rinse in equal parts vinegar and water to remove odor.
- After a hem or seam is removed, there are often unsightly holes left in the fabric. These holes can be removed by placing a cloth, moistened with distilled vinegar, under the fabric and ironing.
- Unclog steam iron by pouring equal amounts of vinegar and water into the iron's water chamber.Turn to steam and leave the iron on for 5 minutes in an upright position. Then unplug and allow to cool. Any loose particles should come out when you empty the water.
- Clean a scorched iron plate by heating equal parts vinegar and salt in a small pan. Then rub the solution on the cooled iron surface to remove dark or burned stains.
- A mixture of salt and vinegar will clean coffee and tea stains from chinaware.
- Vinegar can help to dissolve mineral deposits that collect in automatic drip coffee makers. Fill the reservoir with vinegar and run it through abrewing cycle. Rinse thoroughly with water when the cycle is finished.
- Clean the dishwasher by running a cup of vinegar through the whole cycle once a month to reduce soap build up on the inner mechanisms and on glassware.
More cleaning tips all the time at http://www.happyslob.com