Friday, April 28, 2006

General Cleaning Hints: Lemon Garburetor Trick

Love your fun way and all the info you send my way.

Thought you might like this tip. To keep your garburretta(?) smelling clean and fresh cut up a lemon and drop the pieces down.
Hugs,
Georgie


==========

Thanks for the tip, Georgie! I think you mean a garburetor (I probably spelled it wrong too!). I've also heard that throwing some chunks of ice down there gives it a good freshening up too. Hmmm...add the lemon and some ice and it sounds like that garburetor is enjoying some lemonade, doesn't it? hehe

Aww shucks...I love sending info and goodies your way. Thanks for writing in!
Christina

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not really a comment on Happy Slob, But really Love the new look of KCM!!
Deanna
(sorry didn't know how to post it there)

HappySlob said...

Cool, thanks Deanna. :) I love it too - it is my dream kitchen over there. lol For those of you wondering what we're talking about, it's my other blog: http://kitchencraftsnmore.blogspot.com

Hugs,
Christina

Anonymous said...

Here in So. Cal. we call the it a garbage disposal... somehow, garburetor sounds so much more attractive... like a household pet or something!!!! What ever you call it, I actually don't have one. But the drains can still get icky.. I pour some baking soda down the drains every once in a while and that helps.

Anonymous said...

A piece of advice from someone who installs garbage disposals...don't put ice down them. Contrary to popular belief, ice will dull the blades. You can put the lemon down them, but a better one is baking soda.

HappySlob said...

Anon- thanks for the garbage disposal tip. :) I'm glad to be cleared up about that! I don't have one, so I was just going by what someone had told me.

Anonymous said...

Here in the US, you can buy little lemon scented thingies that won't damage the blades. They look like gummy yellow spheres. I've used them at my desert condo when I visit there in the summers. The whole kitchen smells lemony-fresh and no blade damage.