Since I do in home daycare, the state inspects my house and all cleaners must be put up...out of reach. Since then I have started using vinegar for everything. It works great! Try it!
- Use in laundry to cut soap.
- Get rid of lint in clothes. Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
- Prevent lint from clinging to clothes: Add one cup vinegar to each wash load.
- Keep bright colors from running. Immerse clothes in full strength vinegar for 10 minutes before washing.
- Freshen up the washing machine. Clean the hoses and unclog soap scum.Once a month pour one cup of vinegar into the washing machine and run the machine through a normal cycle, without clothes.
- Brighten fabric colors. Add a 1/2 cup vinegar to the rinse cycle.
- Take grease off suede. Dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently brush over grease spot.
- Remove tough stains. Gently rub on fruit, jam, mustard, coffee, tea stains. Then wash as usual.
- Get smoke smell out of clothes by adding a cup of vinegar to a bath tub of hot water. Hang clothes above the steam.