The best thing I've found yet for making this miserable job a bit more do-able is this: FOAMING Baking Soda! Sounds like some posh commercial cleaner, doesn't it? Of course, we know better.
All I do is:
- Take a small, preferably adorable bowl from the cupboard
- Dump in some baking soda, a Happy Slob's dearest cleaning friend! I'd say about 1/4 to 1/2 cup will do very nicely.
- Grab your handy bottle of Very Vinegar cleaner (remember: it's just one part white vinegar to about 3 to 5 parts tap water, depending on how strong a mix you want) and pour some in!
- The goal here is to create a foamy messy mucky paste. :) It's fun to dig your fingers around and get all the baking soda mixed up thoroughly with the Very Vinegar cleaner. Just make sure to use a big enough bowl so it doesn't end up all over the floor! (Although it would clean the floors nicely too...)
- Use a scrubby sponge to dip in the mucky Foaming Baking Soda mixture and scrub away! The combination of the vinegar and baking soda together is a powerful cleaning team. I even used it to scrub away a few old stains on the wall that I thought were permanent residents. :)
- Rinse away with more Very Vinegar spray or just plain water to get rid of the gritty residue.
- Voila - gorgeous new kitchen cabinets for about a quarter! Now, that's what I call frugality!