Sunday, August 27, 2006

One Person Desperate for Help

I received this heart wrenching email a while ago:

"i am a housebound (although i do drive) person with kidney disease. i guess im not really housebound. but i dont really go anywhere except dialysis three days a week, and church. i need to find any tips that will help me to do some things so my husband doesnt have to do everything. i cant even do the laundry, because he wont let me do thestairs. i would like to do something,though, so he doesnt have to do everything."

Hi,

:) I wish I had a name to go with your email, so this would sound more personal.

First thing - thanks so much for writing to me. I'm glad you found my website and were compelled to write an email.

The whole point of the 3 Step Solution to Cleaning is that it makes cleaning far easier, and far more accessible for just about everyone. Even if your health limits the mobility or energy you have. :)

The first thing you can do is a cleaning burst - just set the timer for a reasonable amount of time that you can spend tidying up. Just set a reasonable goal - maybe 5 minutes at first. You can work on areas that your husband will notice the most and then tell him that you're trying a reasonable new way of cleaning that works, but that won't strain you too much.

Gradually you can do maybe 7 minutes at a time, or have a goal of 10 minutes a day, broken up into 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at night.

Let me know how this works for you, okay? And most importantly - just be reasonable and do what your body will allow you to do. Make this a positive goal, not something that stresses you out and adds to your burdens.

Huge warm hugs to you,

Christina




No comments: