Monday, January 16, 2006

Homemade Very Vinegar Cleaner Recipe

This is my absolute favorite cleaner, bar none. I use it everyday, and more than any other cleaner by FAR. It's simple, ridiculously cheap, and it's effective. And, if you, like many others, are trying to replace your harmful chemical cleaners with natural choices, you'll flip for this one.
(If you read this blog often, you'll know that I love natural cleaners - usually ones I can make myself!)

It's VERY VINEGAR cleaner! All you need to make it is a spray bottle to hold it in, some tap water and some white vinegar. That is all, it's really that simple.

All I do is fill the spray bottle about 1/4 full with vinegar. (You can use less - I just like that amount myself.) I fill nearly full with water and give the bottle a good shake. I like to choose a plastic spray bottle that has a fine mist setting - it's easy to clean with it that way.

I use this for SO MUCH - for cleaning the taps, faucets, sink, countertops, for cleaning in the fridge/freezer...for everyday all-purpose cleaning. And unlike commercial all purpose cleaners, it is fantastic to use on glass and mirrors - it really shines everything up beautifully.

:) Some studies have shown that vinegar effectively kills germs and mold - so it's a nice option for an everyday cleaner. But it's not that crazy antibacterial stuff that in fact might make bacteria more resistant. (Scary!)

I remember years ago that my aunt would use this in her own home AND when she cleaned other people's homes. It's a formula that a lot of pro cleaners rely on - and now it's all yours too! :) Let me know what you think of it when you try it out...

P.S. Still don't have your personal copy of Christina's FABULOUS ebook? To start cleaning the 'Happy SLob' way, you'll want to grab your own copy of the book today - at http://www.happyslob.com/buythebook.html and learn why everyone is raving about it.

3 comments:

smbwallace said...

I use vinegar when cleaning everything too, only I've been using a 50/50 solution! You mean I can cut back on the vinegar, save a little more money, and still get everything clean? Yipee!

I also put a little vinegar, about a half a cup to a cup depending on what I'm washing, in the washing machine. I use less washing powders and fabric softener like this, and the clothes are just as clean if not cleaner.

One of my local grocery stores carries the huge bottles of vinegar for 99 cents! Can you believe it? I'm stocked up for a while since I was going to the store once or twice a week there for a while!

Amanda G. said...

cool blog. I prefer not to use harsh chemicals either. I am a hug proponant of baking soda. With baking soda and vinegar there is nothing you can't do!

maria said...

Hi Christina,

Love your newsletter and blog.

I'll try the vinegar/water tip.

Marie