Thursday, January 26, 2006

Shaving Cream to Remove Carpet Stains

Here's a tip I just remembered today and had to share with you right away - shaving cream will remove some carpet stains! Just the regular old-fashioned kind (the cheapest stuff, I find, seems to work the best for some strange reason.)

I have a number of stains on the carpet (thanks to my beautiful cats) that I'm going to work on in the next week or so, and I'm going to try a number of different carpet cleaning tricks. :) Will let you know which ones work and which ones don't! We'll call it the great Stain Experiment.

For now - I've found that shaving cream really does work. Wet the section of carpet with the stain, spray on the shaving cream/foam and use a scrub brush to work it into the carpet fibers. Then continue to spray cool water on it and dab with a cloth or paper towel until the moisture is removed.

And is it just me or does shaving cream smell WONDERFUL? That eucalyptus smell or whatever it is, is great...

=========

Who SAYS Happy Slobs can't clean? Join laid back people who are learning to clean in only 3 easy steps.
http://www.happyslob.com

No comments: