Sunday, September 10, 2006

Clutter Stresses Me Out, Man

Too much junk in your home? We Happy Slobs LOVE collecting stuff. And, the emotional, sentimental slobs among us (hey, I'm guiltier than most!) attach all sorts of memories and emotions to even the most UN-sentimental of junky items. Therefore, we seem to collect inordinate amounts of STUFF that clutters our homes and our lives.

But, ask yourself this: "Does all this STUFF make me happy?" "Do I find my home a restful place to be?" Or "Am I stressed out by all this clutter?"

Clutter DOES stress us out, so be a bit relentless when dealing with it. Today's tip on DECLUTTERING and ORGANIZATION is: use shelving.

Shelving can make previously unused (and un-thought of) space very functional! Once you've decluttered a space (meaning you've gotten rid of the stuff you really don't need) then you need to re-organize that space to make it functional. Shelving is a fantastic way of utilizing this space. So, today, I'm sharing with you three of my favorite shelving types that you can use all over your home. :) You'll find that in the next post - enjoy!

Hugs to you all,
Christina

No comments: