Monday, September 11, 2006

Stain Removal: Getting out Nasty Yellowish Stains from Shirts

When you talk about attractive, the first thing that pops into your mind is likely those huge, garish yellow stains under the arms of your favorite light-colored shirt. NOT! Oh, I hate those stains. It always makes me feel like I'm an over-perspiring freak!

But, it's often the chemicals in anti-perspirant that are the cause of those stains; not your fault at all! And, they're not as hard to get rid of as you might think:

In the sink or a bucket (or whatever other container you so wish to choose) pour in a cup of vinegar and fill the bucket with enough cool water to submerge the garments. Let it soak for a half hour of so before throwing it into a regular load of laundry. Some people even suggest adding 1/2 cup of regular table salt to the mix for good measure. (To the bucket I mean, not the laundry load.)

If you don't have time to do this, dab the stain with undiluted white vinegar before washing, and it should also help get rid of the ugly yellow underarm stain monsters! Be gone, you beasts!

Have a tip to share? Or, anything else you're just DYING to see on the Happy Slob blog? By all means, send it on to me (Christina) at christina@happyslob.com and I'll do my darnedest to get it on the blog pronto.

No comments: