Monday, March 13, 2006

Cheapo Swiffer Refills - Make Your Own

Let's be blunt.

Slobbos = cheapos

:) Or at least I can certainly speak for myself when I say that I love to hold onto every happy little penny I find! So...whenever I can figure out a way to save on cleaning supplies, then I'm going to give it a try.

And I've discovered that you can make your own homemade Swiffer Wet refill pads (or at least something sort of similar) by using those thick blue shop towel paper towels. You can even double it up, and then dip into a soapy water mix with a few tablespoons of vinegar poured in for good measure. Be sure to remove most of the liquid from the homemade cleaning pad before attaching to the Swiffer.

Voila! You have a decent substitute for those Swiffer pads that can get prettty pricey for us happy slob housecleaners. Let me know if YOU have another Swiffer substitute idea to share!

P.S. Head on over to http://www.happyslob.com today to read MORE great housecleaning hints and homemade cleaning formulas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can also use old washcloths (or just a cheap 10-pack from a discount store), an big old cotton sock pulled over the mop thingie, or, if you're creative with a sewing machine, you can make pads from layers of old tee-shirts or other absorbent material, "diamond quilted" so they don't roll up on themselves. You just use whatever cleaner you want (in a bucket or spray bottle), and throw 'em in the laundry when you're done. Easy and re-usable (once you make them), and nothing to throw away. Hope this works for ya :-).