Sunday, March 12, 2006

Squirt, Squirt: Less Sloppy Mopping

If you've read this blog before you know I HAAAAAAAAAATE mopping.

Maybe it's because our floors are this strange beigey linoleum that seems to prefer to hold onto every little speck of dirt, as if they've bonded on some deeper level. Or, maybe it's because my cats chase after the mop as I go, and I'd rather play with them than do stupid mopping.

Whatever it is - I hate mopping. BUT -- my husband has a pretty cool way of cleaning the floor that I want to share with you. He's the floor mopper around here, but I'm sure he won't mind me sharing...

=> Use the squirt method! Sounds odd, I realize, but it just means to use your regular old Very Vinegar solution. (Remember - it's just around 1 part white vinegar to 3 or 4 parts plain tap water. EASY.) Keep this in a big plastic squirt bottle that has an adjustable stream -- the strong, waterfun like squirt setting is perfect for mopping up messy floors. And seriously -- kids would have a blast with this!! They'll think this is fun...Squirt an area with the vinegar cleaner.

=> Right...so use a mop or a Swiffer (whichever you prefer) to mop it up. Swiffer cleaners CAN be pretty cool, because you can replace the scrubby pads so regularly -- thus eliminating the need for a bucket. I think I speak for all us happy slobs when I say: YEEEEEHHAAAAAA! I hate buckets, unless it's my bright red cleaning kit bucket, which I've come to view as a family member.

So in summary: Squirt the floor, mop it up, repeat. :) Awww shucks, even I could do that...maybe I'll give my hub a break from the floor cleaning this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another great way to use the Swifter is to put a dish rag on it instead of the swifter clothes.
Cheaper, reuseable, and better for the enviroment!
I used to do this before they came out with the Swifter Wet Jet.