Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yes, 5 Minutes CAN Make a Difference

(Imagine me with a cheesey motivational speaker voice. That will help with this post immensely.)

You CAN accomplish whatever you set your minds to, slobbos! Have you started implementing the 3 Step Solution yet? Why not? Do you think you DON'T HAVE TIME? You think you're too set in your slobbery ways to ever change?

Even just 5 minutes can mean a lot! And please...if I can change, you certainly can. I'm the slobbiest of the slobs. Try it today - put 5 minutes on your handy timer and tidy up the areas you use the most in your home. (Being caffeinated also helps!)

You'll see that even if you only have a few minutes, it all adds up to pretty darn decent results. :) And yes, later on when you have a bit more time you can do more than just this cleaning burst. But until then, you can pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still finishing up my computer/craft room. It has been a HUGE job. I was feeling overwhelmed on Sunday and just couldn't do a big chunk of work all at once. So I did little 10 minute bursts. Ended up doing 10 of them over the course of the day...... that adds up to 100 minutes!!! I got a lot accomplished without a lot of frustration.

HappySlob said...

I'm proud of you, doc! :) You took this challenge to heart, didn't you? I only got the bare minimums done in my own nasty zone - the closet, but this week I think I'll set another challenge up for all of us.

What would be your next zone to tackle? That craft room of yours must be looking GREAT!

Anonymous said...

My next zone would need to be my office in my office. I tend to stack/pile, rather than file!!! That area needs help!

Anonymous said...

I'm TRYING to keep up with your plan. Of course it works! It's just gotta become a habit. I bet I can outslob anyone (well, not anyone...I've seen worse...but still...).

It's like the obese woman who needs to get on a diet. I know what to do; now I gotta do it. Wish me luck!

HappySlob said...

Hey Elsie,

:) Just start small - a cleaning burst a day. Then when that feels normal, you can go on from there.

Remember - the whole POINT of the Happy Slob's way of cleaning is NOT to stress. If you have a few days where you can't do much - oh well! Life will go on. :) But, if you do these things often, your home will look better and you won't feel all nutso with stress.

Hugs to you, you brave woman,
Christina