Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Fabulous DECLUTTERING Challenge Begins!

Slobbos, have I got your attention? Your full and utter attention?

Excellent, because starting today we're going on a mission to declutter ONE nasty zone in our homes. :)

Right now -- decide which area in your home is the one MOST IN NEED of decluttering attention. Write it down in big, bold letters on a piece of paper and stick that on the fridge or somewhere else you can see it.

Every day, starting today, we're going to tackle 10 different items in that nasty zone. Some items can be recycled, some can be given away, and yet others will get dumped.

I'm doing my closets -- they're horrible, I'm terrified of them, and they NEED this attention! (See, I told you I was the original Happy Slob...hehehe...I tend to slip back into my Slobbish ways all the time. Then I just read my book over again and get back into my good habits! The book is available at: http://www.happyslob.com/buythebook.html )

If you're taking part in the DECLUTTERING CHALLENGE - post a comment below with WHAT NASTY ZONE you're tackling, and keep us updated on your progress. :) We'll keep each other encouraged along the way! Yay Slobbos! (That's me doing the cheerleading bit...)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am working on my computer/craft room... It is a pit!!! Funny, I actually started this project on Saturday, so this will give added incentive. I am taking EVERY item out of the room. Then my sis (who is uber organized) will help me put it all back together. Last night, I tossed a 45 gallon trash bag full of stuff. Yippie!!!

HappySlob said...

Bravo, you two! :) And wouldn't it be nice to be uber organized? LOL That comment made me laugh, because I think I'm on the exact opposite end of the organizational spectrum - so DISorganized that it hurts!

Anonymous said...

i found a quick way to clear the clutter without having to spend hours on it and at the same time if someone walked in, it would not give them a shock seeing the amount of clutter.
the other day i cleared 2 drawers that was an eye sore for months together in a few minutes. all glory to God to for the wisdom. i took a rubbermaid container, and 3 -4 containers-baking trays.emptied everything from the drawer into the largest container. sorted them out and placed them back. oooooooh when the door bell rang i quickly put away the containers into the cabinets and tackled with it after company left. nobody realized i was in the middle of a cleaning spree.

Anonymous said...

I will be working on the guest/spare bedroom. I started this today also so this will give me some motivation! It has become a junk room!

Anonymous said...

I have dreams and visions of having a tidy, organized, and streamlined home and office. I am totally great with thinking about it, but woefully short on implementation. I think arbonne mom is so smart to start small. You should see my dining room..... all the "stuff" from my computer/craft room is in there now, just waiting to be purged/downsized/organized/containerized..... the whole bag of chip as my DD would say!!!!!!

Angie said...

Ok, I'm in! I want to declutter and organize my office!

A few weeks ago, I was able to get rid of 7 boxes/garbage bags full of junk, papers, etc. Just the other day, I went through two file carrying cases (I think that's what they are called) and got rid of two more bags full of paper. Oh and I sorted through a filing cabinet and labeled files using the free Brother label printer I got with my new shredder!

And I also did some major purging of computer files that I no longer needed. It took over 5 minutes to empty my recycle bin LOL

Trying to think of what I can get done by the end of day on Sunday. Let's see....

My goal is to sort through 3 more boxes (hubster seems to think I can get through all 12, yes, I said TWELVE, by the end of the weekend). I have my work cut out for me!

Thanks Christina for the push!

Elizabeth Hayes said...

I'm a little bit behind. But, here is the area I feel needs the MOST decluttering... My basement! The second place would have to be my personal bedroom.

Unfortunately, I'm a few days behind. I just found out about this challenge today! LOL