Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Declutter It: Closets

I know this is not a happy place for happy slobs to be - even considering delving into closets to clean is a frightening prospect for many of us. I practically break out in a cold sweat when I face my own closet -- trust me slobbos, it's not a pretty picture.

Let's tackle this zone the same way we tackle all others - with the philosophy that bit-by-bit cleaning will get the job done eventually. Plus, it's better for our mental health, since we won't have a panic attack that leaves us squealing and running from our homes.

Pick a Number, Any Number
Mine is 5 - Each day until the closets get clean I'm going to tackle five items in that pit of despair. (My husband's term -- he gets full credit for that one!) So, maybe it'll take all of us a few weeks to get the closets looking even slightly organized. It might take a month before we see the closet floor again! And yet...if you hadn't done this, it would still just be that mess it was before. Got it? :) Lots of little efforts DO equal some pretty impressive results. It just requires patience.

Carry on, slobbos!

P.S. Want to see where The Happy Slob's Guide to Housecleaning all began? Then you NEED the book! Head over to download your copy today at:
http://www.happyslob.com/buythebook.html

2 comments:

HappySlob said...

P.S. No the number cannot be one! :) I was just waiting for one of you to ask me about that...

~Christina~

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I signed up for your newsletter, so, let the happyslob start convincing...

`Carol